Alternative Services Additional Services Pre-Planning
Richard Davis Funeral Home encourages families to bring favorite things to the visitation, which gives others a chance to share and remember.
Compassion, Professionalism and service have been the hallmark of our business for three generations. With meticulous attention to detail and pride in the service we provide. Richard Davis Funeral Home has been serving families with care since 1969.
In fact it is our commitment to excellence and service to the community in which we live that has kept us strong for over 38 years.
We take great pride in our ability to offer a wide array of services and merchandise. We will always do our absolute best to accommodate the needs and wishes of every family.
Whether your wishes are for a traditional funeral with military honors, or a simple committal service with cremains, the Davis family offers you the same care and understanding
Product selections vary according to your individual taste and your affordability. Our selection room offers something for every preference.
The death of a loved one is the most stressful event in anyone's life, and yet decisions still need to be made. The manner of service and the merchandise must be selected. With guidance and compassion we are able to offer you some peace of mind in an emotional and trying time, while handling all the technical details of the funeral.
The following are services our Funeral Directors will assist you with:
- The transfer of the deceased from the place of death to the funeral home
- Professional care of the deceased, which may include sanitary washing, embalming, dressing, hairdressing, cosmetology, and casketing
- An arrangement conference with the family to plan specific details for the funeral
- Locating the deceased's doctor to sign a death certificate; then filing this certificate at the local health department; obtaining the requested amount of certified death certificates for the family
- Obtaining all necessary permits and authorizations, as required.
- Preparing an obituary to be placed in any newspapers requested by the family
- Contacting local cemeteries or crematory, as required
- Notifying family members or friends
- Providing a location for visitation and funeral ceremony, in addition to a gathering lounge for friends and family
- Care and arrangement of floral pieces, and delivery to the family's residence after the funeral
- Arranging for Pallbearers and motor equipment, including limousines, as required
- Ordering special floral pieces at the family's request
- Arranging for Cash Advances for cemetery expenses, clergy honorariums, music, funeral escorts, and custom acknowledgments
- Contacting Fraternal or Military organizations to take part in the ceremony
- Arranging for a personalized remembrance package, consisting of a register book, memorial folders, acknowledgments, an assistance guide, and a cross/crucifix
- Assist with Social Security and Veteran benefits
- Coordinate a monument/memorial that will be a lasting tribute to the life lived
- Assist in the selection of a casket and burial vault
- Filing of life insurance claims
If a family chooses not to have a service with burial or entombment, we offer cremation options, immediate burial plans, and anatomical donation.
Why Funerals Are Important
- Initiates the grieving process
- Acknowledges the importance of a life that has been lived
- Can be personalized to allow mourners to remember and honor their loved one in ways that are special and meaningful
- Serves as a central gathering place for family and friends to give emotional and physical support to one another
- Provides closure for the bereaved
- Confirms the reality and finality of the death
- Encourages mourners to face the pain of their loss and express their thoughts and feelings
- Helps survivors to better cope with their grief and assist in enabling them to move on with their lives
- Provides a context for expression of religious and other beliefs
- Grief shared is grief diminished--and grief denied is grief delayed
Our funeral home offers cremation options, advance planning, and grief recovery programs.
We also provide local churches and civic organizations availability to our Speakers Bureau--in which we can discuss a wide array of topics related to anything from Advance Funeral Planning to Veteran & Social Security Benefits to Living Wills.
Top / Home / Back